Apprentice Warehouse Operative (Belfast)
Sikla UK Limited has recently opened a new warehouse close to Belfast City Airport. This unit is working closely with our UK Head Office, in Milton Keynes, soon evolving towards a self-sufficient Sikla logistics on the island of Ireland.
As an Apprentice, you will get the opportunity to “earn as you learn” and work with experienced staff for learning and to put your skills into practice.
This is a great opportunity for someone aged 16-24 and keen to begin a great career within a great Company. We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join the team as a Warehousing Apprentice.
You will have the exciting opportunity to work in the Steel Framework and Pipework industry and also get time to receive “off-the-job” training. This is usually done on a day-release basis once per month to work towards achieving vocational qualifications (through ApprenticeshipsNI Programme - Rutledge Training, in its Belfast branch). In addition to this, you will have the support through your Essential Skills Literacy, Numeracy and IT (if required).
Skills & Responsibilities
The position of Warehousing Apprentice will require you to work in the warehouse where you will pick gain a vast range of new skills including:
- Assisting with deliveries, delays, logistic issues, etc
- Report to the warehouse Supervisor any mistakes observed on the daily warehouse activity
- Ensuring all the stock is located in the correct place
- Supporting tight timescales and given deadlines
- Prefabricating and cutting Sikla material according to drawings
- Cleaning tools and tidying up the warehouse settings
- Checking deliveries accurately: quality checks for goods-in and goods-out
- Offloading and unpacking goods
- Maintaining high level of health & safety standards
- Positive work attitude
- Good metric and numerical skills
- Understanding standard processes like Goods In and Goods Out
- Working productively, with initiative and drive under tight timescales
- Able to follow instructions
- Previous experience of working within a warehouse and steel fabrication environment would desirable
- Good understanding of Health and Safety requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Bright and positive with a keen eye for detail
The qualities required for this role include excellent reliability and punctuality, you must be motivated and conscientious and show a willingness to learn and get on with others.
Job Type & Benefits
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within the Warehousing and Distributors Sector!
You will work towards achieving an NVQ Warehouse & Storage Level 2 through workplace assessment. You will also achieve skills such as communication, problem-solving, effective teamwork, time management and product knowledge.
- Permanent Part-Time
- Salary: £6.50 per hour
- Schedule: 8am - 1pm (Monday - Friday)
Please send your CV, including cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning in the subject "Apprentice Warehouse Belfast"