Business Development Engineer/Manager - Energy/Industry
Our business comprises premium steel framing solutions and pipe supports for many industries including Biotech, Building Services, Chemical, Data Center, Energy from Waste, Gas, Industrial, Oil, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical Power Generation, Semi-conductor, Utilities and Water.
Over the last 16 years Sikla UK has supplied these packages to prestigious projects in the UK, Ireland, Mainland Europe and beyond.
You are reporting to our Director of Sales & Engineering, backed up by our team of design engineers and by an internal sales team to allow you to fully concentrate on generating and converting opportunities which will be provided through our existing network of solutions partners and our project intelligence software providers. Our CRM and Office 365 software will keep you excellently organised everywhere, at your hot desk in our Milton Keynes offices, via app in your company car and also at your home office desk.
- Search for new opportunities and maximise client potential in the UK and beyond (wherever your client base has a construction project)
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, contractors and EPC, through managing and interpreting their requirements
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education, CPD is part of Sikla's portfolio and presentation skills are essential
- Work on after-sales support services and provide technical back up as required
- Arrange and carry out product training
- Liaise with other members of the sales team and other technical experts
- Meet regular sales targets and coordinate sales projects
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Engineering (BDE only), suitable technical education or solid mechanical/electrical background (BDM)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound judgement and good business sense
- Ability to build relationships quickly and effectively
- Resilience and tenacity
- Independence, self-reliance and joy in business travelling
- Base salary and annual bonus
- Company car, laptop, tablet and smart phone
- Private health insurance including family members
- Great pension contribution
- Career prospects within a growing organisation
Great Products and Services Start with Great People
A Sikla modular steel frame or pipe support needs great people who sell, design, make and distribute it. Our work is commercially, technically and logistically as complex as it is rewarding. Finishing our product takes a range of professionals from across these backgrounds. Having the right people in the right roles enables us to deliver excellence.
Please send your CV, including cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning in the subject "BDM"